6 x 6 Elk, Saturday afternoon in Northern Nevada area 23.
Poor Cody was very unprepared for how cold it really was up there. Lonney thought that they would be good with the clothing and gear for the weather in Northern Nevada. They guessed wrong...They were so cold up there, that hand wipes were frozen solid. To top it all off, the heater wasn't working in the trailer they took up.
The Might Hunters.... Zach, Ryan, David, Lonney, Cody and Scott (Scott is taking the picture)
I was very shocked to see exactly how big an elk really is. I knew they were huge, but not this huge. The butcher weighed each leg and they are 80 pounds each! The total weight was about 1200 pounds.
Unfortunately, all this means is that there will be yet another dead animals head hanging up in my house. On a side note... David WAS physically up there to help with the hunt. However, his heart and soul just wasn't into it. He is so twitterpatted that whenever someone said "Deer" he thought they were saying "Dear" and quickly looked around for Giulia (his fiancee).
I was very shocked to see exactly how big an elk really is. I knew they were huge, but not this huge. The butcher weighed each leg and they are 80 pounds each! The total weight was about 1200 pounds.
Yeah! That's awesome. I heard it was absolutely freezing there. My heart was with them, but I'm sure glad I wasn't there.
ReplyDeleteThe part about David made me laugh right out loud! Isn't that the truth. He's a prime example of the word "twitterpated". It still just baffles my mind at times. You gave me a good laugh. Love you!
Good job Lonney! I agree with Felicia though! That part about David cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh! :)
ReplyDeleteconfession. I blog stalk you Julie. :) David mentioned that I should go check this post out because you said something about him. The last part got me laughing right out loud. He wasn't that bad, was he? ;)
ReplyDelete